Economics is applicable in wide range of fields, including business, finance, administration, law, local and national government and indeed, most aspects of everyday life. A master degree in Economics strengthens students’ knowledge of economic theory and improves their skills in applying the theory to economic problems. Graduates are qualified to conduct their own research, either individually or as members of government or business teams. They are also prepared to write policy analysis articles.
M.A. programme is designed for students who aspire to be policy makers and economists of the future. The programme aims to impart the necessary knowledge, skills and self confidence to assist in changing and highly competitive national and international business environments. The programme has also been sensitized to meet local aspirations. The course structure and curriculum has been designed with an idea to develop independent and creative thinking among students and prepare them for higher studies and research as well as enhance their employability in the corporate sector, banks and financial institutions, NGOs and or other sectors.
1. The objective of the course is to give the student grounding in modern industrial organization analysis, including an understanding of both empirical and theoretical methods and some policy issues.
2. To upgrade the practical knowledge of the students as per industry requirements.
3. To make students industrious and rational.
4. To facilitate students for research work.
5. To make students aware of the international issues and issues related with our own economy.
(English/ Hindi Medium)*
*(Study Material may be made available in English/ Hindi medium.
However, a student has the option of writing the Exam in
English/ Hindi/ Punjabi language.)